Welcome

Frequently travelling for business across Canada (mostly West) and the U.S. (periodically), we are privileged with eating in various cities, experiencing the life of the city and through the magic of food, different cultures.

The reason for starting this site was because we can't tell you the number of times we would look on other sites to find reviews of restaurants by the general public, only to come away scratching our heads. Yes, that likely will make us sound like snobs, but hey...there really is no accounting for some people's taste.

Unlike most "reviewers", we never, ever tell the restaurant who we are, or what we are doing. This ensures that we receive no special treatment, and that the establishments aren't on their "best behavior" just because we're there. So you'll hear about the worst of the worst, the best of the best and everything from fast food to luxurious restuarants in our travels, as that is the range and diversity of our palates. Please join us on what has been one hell of a food ride thus far, as we finally unveil, without prejudice, what we really think of the food and let you decide where to eat your next meal.





Find a review

Copper Chimney: Vancouver BC

8 pm on Wednesday and I am in need of a drink and something to fill my stomach, attached to my hotel is the Copper Chimney. Looking for a simple easy place to eat and grab a few drinks I decide to check it out. Now I have to admit, it never crossed my mind that this restaurant was an Indian fushion restaurant, I always pictured it as a pub that served pub fair... Even when I lived in Vancouver I always associated the outside with a pub...weird as I was oh so wrong.


Walking in your attention is immediately drawn to the plush hard wood floors, the dark wooden tables eloquently set with white napkins, the open foyer with a beauiftul chandellier which just screamed a quiet elegance. A bar located to the far right backs up onto the staircase leading to the second floor dining area providing a beautiful view of the floor beneath and the stained glass windows. The main floor is overlooked by another beautiful chandelier which provided a soft glow to the room entire room.

Dining on my own, my hostess asked where I would like to sit, The place was rather quiet but for a few tables scattered around, and I decide that a table off to the corner would do the trick. Ordering my usual drink, my waitress (who I later discover is a co-owner brought it by). Now I know I have mentioned this before... I love butter chicken...so having seen it on the menu I enquire with the waitress if it was good, as many other entrees caught my eye and I was struggling internally on whether I wanted my comfort food, or to try something different.


Her reply sold me on the butter chicken, stating it was "a feast and would surely love it". Returing with some bread and butter I decided to go with her suggestion and ordered the butter chicken. The ambiance was warm, the waitress very friendly and I couldn't help but feel comfortable here. My drinks were prefectly mixed and my food arrived within 10 mins of ordering it.

The dish was presented rather nicely with a small copper pot of butter chicken, a bed of rice and grilled vegetables on the side. A very generous size if I may say, so she had the feast part right! The butter chicken boasted large chunks of chicken breast in a tomato based sauce...not very spicy, however, be warned it was a spice that could sneak up on the person who has not experienced spicy food... The vegetables were grilled and cooked perfectly, not at all overcooked leaving a small yet tender crunch. The rice and nan were good portions flavourful and also cooked just right.

After polishing off a few drinks, having a nice chat with my waitress and finishing, yes finishing dinner...I retired to my room. Although they dont accept interact, you can bill it to your room or use credit card. This Indian fushion restaurant was a great find....my waitress very friendly and attentive. I found out during a conversation with her that she co-owns the restaurant with her husband, and it had been here for 7 years. My experience here was exceptional, I would highly recommend it to anyone and will return again during my travels. They have it right, just the perfect amount of Indian and fusion which creates an enjoyable dining experience.

Location visted: 567 Hornby St

Ratings:
Ambiance: Upscale Casual
Cuisine: Indian Fushion
Presentation: Above Average
Price: $30/serving
Value: Above Average

Copper Chimney Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

The Meal Truth - Undercover food critics

1 comment:

  1. The great information blog i am impressed .laminate flooring for kitchen enhances the country style in this kitchen. Woven wicker stools and white wood cabinets complete the look.

    ReplyDelete

 
Follow themealtruth on Twitter